Site icon F4-Migration Guru – F4-MG

804 (Aged Parent) Visa

Book Your Free Consultation Today!

Home > > Types of Visas > > Parivaar Family Visas > > Parent Visa > > 804 (Aged Parent) Visa
804 (Aged Parent) Visa  

The Contributory Aged Parent Visa offers a pathway for the aged parent of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or a citizen of New Zealand who meets the specified criteria, to obtain permanent residency in Australia. This visa provides the opportunity for eligible parents to reunite with their family members in Australia, enjoying the benefits of residing in the country.

It’s important to note that individuals who have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (subclass 870) visa are ineligible to apply for the Contributory Aged Parent Visa.

Key Features:

  • Granting permanent residency status, this visa allows aged parents to stay in Australia indefinitely, fostering family unity.
  • Visa holders possess the ability to sponsor eligible family members to join them in Australia, contributing to reunification.
  • Access to Australia’s public healthcare scheme, Medicare, ensures comprehensive health coverage for visa holders.
  • For those who meet the requirements, the pathway to applying for Australian citizenship becomes available, offering the potential to become an Australian citizen.

Eligibility Criteria:

  • Essential eligibility criteria include having an eligible child who holds the status of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or qualifying New Zealand citizen.
  • Applicants must meet the age requirement to be eligible to receive the age pension in Australia.
  • Individuals who have either applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa at the time of application are not eligible to apply for the Contributory Aged Parent Visa.

Travel and Visa Validity:

  • Visa holders have the privilege of multiple entries and exit to and from Australia during the initial 5-year period from the date of visa grant, as long as the travel facility on the visa remains valid.
  • For re-entry as a permanent resident after the initial 5-year period, applicants must apply for and be granted a Resident Return Visa (RRV).
  • An alternative option to consider is applying for Australian citizenship, which would provide further travel flexibility.