Book Your Free Consultation Today!

Home > > Types of Visas > > Kaary (Work) Visas > > General Skilled Migration (GSM) > > 190 (Skilled nominated) Visa
Types of Visas
190 (Skilled nominated) Visa 
The Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190) is a points-tested visa which enables nominated skilled workers to live and work as permanent residents in Australia.

However, your occupation should be on the skill list, and you should have a suitable skills assessment for the respective occupation.

Step-by-Step Process to Apply for 190 (Skilled nominated) Visa:

Step 1 Start your Process with F4MG
Step 2 Lodge your Skill Assessment
Step 3 Lodge Expression of Interest through SkillSelect
Step 4
  • Lodge ROI (Registration of Interest) with the State (if applicable)
  • Apply for SN (State Nomination)
  • Receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the State
  • Lodge SN (State Nomination)
Step 5 Receive SN (State Nomination) & ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa
Step 6 Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)
Step 7 Receive 190 Visa Grant
  • Check the occupation lists: Each state and territory in Australia has its own list of high-demand occupations. Ensure that your occupation is on the list and meets any specific requirements related to work experience, English proficiency, or special skills.
  • Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI): Through SkillSelect, submit an EOI with details about your occupation, skills, and qualifications. Your score will be evaluated based on the points system. If your score is high enough, state and territory government agencies may review your EOI and consider nominating you.
  • Nomination by a state or territory: If you receive a nomination from a state or territory agency, you must apply for the visa within 60 days of the invitation.
  • Visa application processing: Once you have been invited, submit your visa application. The processing of your visa application will then take place.

Key features:

  • Sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
  • Permanently stay in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare – Australia’s public health care scheme
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Become an Australian citizen if eligible
  • Travel to and from Australia for 5 years


  • You can only apply for this visa if invited by the Australian authorities
  • You must also be nominated for the visa by an Australian state or territory government agency
  • You must be below 45 years of age
  • Score 65 points or more
  • Have competent English
  • Your occupation should be on the list of eligible skilled occupations

Note: You can be in or outside Australia when you apply, but not in immigration clearance. If you are in Australia when applying, you should be a holder of either a substantive visa, or Bridging visa A (BVA) (Subclass 010), Bridging visa B (BVB) (Subclass 020), or Bridging visa C (BVC) (Subclass 030). Your current or last held substantive visa should either be the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 491) or Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) (Subclass 494).