Book Your Free Consultation Today!

Home > > Types of Visas > > Parivaar Family Visas > > Parent Visa > > 103 (Parent) Visa
Types of Visas
103 (Parent) Visa 
If you’re considering applying for the Parent Visa (Subclass 103) as a retiree, there are specific benefits and conditions tailored to your situation.

At the time of application, you must be physically present in Australia, but not in the process of immigration clearance.

  • Our decision on your application can be made while you are either inside or outside of Australia.
  • As a retiree applicant, you are exempt from certain requirements:
  • You are not required to meet the balance of the family test.
  • You do not need to provide a sponsor or an assurance of support.

Key Features:

This permanent visa offers numerous features and benefits that contribute to family reunification and long-term residence in Australia:

  • Granting an indefinite stay in Australia, the Subclass 103 Parent Visa provides you the opportunity to live in the country with your family.
  • You are permitted to work and study in Australia, enhancing your options and opportunities.
  • Access to Australia’s public healthcare scheme, allowing you to avail comprehensive medical services.
  • The ability to sponsor eligible family members to join you in Australia, promoting family unity.
  • For those who meet the criteria, the option to apply for Australian citizenship becomes available.

Eligibility Criteria:

To be eligible, you must have an eligible child who holds the status of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or qualifying New Zealand citizen.

  • You must adhere to all applicable visa conditions and comply with Australian laws.
  • Individuals who have either applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa at the time of application are not eligible to apply for the Subclass 103 Parent Visa.

Travel and Visa Validity After the Initial 5 Years:

After the initial 5-year period, to travel to and from Australia as a permanent resident, you have two options:

  • Apply for and obtain a Resident Return Visa (RRV), which allows you to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident.
  • Consider applying for Australian citizenship, providing greater travel flexibility and additional benefits